Anniversary Gifts

At the moment I am crocheting a couple of beanies for my friend: one for him and one for his girlfriend as a one year anniversary gift. I'm so excited to get to be a part of that! I hadn't considered it before or when they asked, but it is really nice getting to help make something special for someone.

So I am working away on them to get them done in time for the anniversary. I just bought a parcel to send them in that I want to draw some flowers and whatnot on (I am also sending a third beanie in the package to my best friend, who lives with them). They live in a nearby, smaller city. I grew up between this city and that one. Although, having lived there for a time, it feels less like a city and more like a very big town. People say, 'Are you going into Town?' If you're heading into the city centre and 'Are you going to the Big Smoke?' If you're travelling to the city I live in, although I think that's a bit of a joke.

Last night I slept deeply and well for the first time in a week and this morning I woke up just lulling in the pleasure of it all. So there's a bit of good news for you. Hopefully this is the start of recovering from the last withdrawal wave/reduction and the beginning of a nice little window of feeling better. I have learned, from this last drop, that I am going to be taking it very slowly for the last little bit of the reduction process. Luckily, with all that is happening with COVID running the world, I have the space to do that, being at home and not having to deal with people/life. I can draw out the whole process. So there's that.

Muchos love and gratitude.

Comments

Popular Posts