13 days

 After the most dreadful week (pain extraordinary, depression and derealisation feeling like it would really send me mad), yesterday the pain was just a little better and today... today I slept in until quarter past 10 and woke in only some pain - no cold sweat. I was so happy. I was so happy, I lay in bed enjoying the feeling of hope - hope I didn't have to work for. Hope that lay on a bedrock of knowledge that I was on a trajectory up and would get better every week and month that pass. I can't tell you the energy, hope and happiness that gave me, from a very dark cloud, a very deep hole.

So while it's past midnight, in reality it was yesterday (today), the 12th of September, that was my 13th day free of Lyrica and my first day of real, solid hope that it will get better.

I also told my sister about the derealisation. It was pretty scary telling her. I kind of regretted it when I told her it was all the time. But she took it fine, I think because of the hope that going off the medication will help. We can talk about it again when it's all over... But yeah. Both her and my childhood best friend know now. It feels nice to have a close circle of people I can trust.

Comments

Popular Posts